Andrew has over 10 years of experience as a Program and Leadership professional. He has expertise in communicating and managing with an emphasis in leadership and strategic planning. Andrew has proven success in leading teams to achieve consistent results.
Examples of some of the significant engagement’s Andrew has led or been involved in include:
- Served nonprofit organizations and professionals in strategizing, planning, and executing to ensure advancement success is sustainable in perpetuity. Created strategy leading to funding solutions. Current and past clients include the Kingston Pike / Sequoyah Hills Association, the Missionary Society of St. Paul the Apostle in New York City, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, the Nashville Children’s Alliance, Association of Consultants to Nonprofits (Chicago), Renewed, This is My Brave (DC), Woodmont Baptist Weekday Preschool (TN), Capita, St. Thomas Hospital’s Dispensary of Hope, Learning Matters, Aquinas College, and One Drop, NEXT High School, among others
- Developed further advancement of the Nashville Symphony Orchestra Planned Giving Program to include enhancement of the prospecting and gift agreement processes. Coordinated efforts with Marketing & Communications to ensure proper outreach to the populations most likely to consider and commit to a gift through their estate plans. Stewarded and managed the Legacy Society, consisting of those donors who have left a revocable or irrevocable gift to the Nashville Symphony through their estate plans
- Managed a team of 6 advancement employees including staff in the areas of engagement, events, marketing, communications, advancement services, and development. Designed and implemented a new brand strategy focused on a modernized Paulist organization and focused on growing the areas of vocations and financial investment by donors. Wrote and executed a new Comprehensive Advancement Strategic Plan specific to the Paulist fathers funding priorities. Professionalized advancement services to ultimately better prepare staff and front-line fundraisers. Served as a consultant to the Presidential Board and leadership team
- Managed a team of 8 in the areas of alumni relations, marketing, advancement services, and development. Developed and began implementation of an advancement strategic plan to increase institutional support over a 10-year period. This decadal funding model works hand in hand with other offices including enrollment services. Implemented purposeful strategy for growth in advancement and brand recognition throughout the Greater Nashville Area, the State of Tennessee, and throughout the world including a new campus location in Bracciano, Italy. Completed the first feasibility study, wealth screening, and comprehensive campaign kickoff in Aquinas College’s history
- Initiated IGNITE: The Campaign for Aquinas College, a $30 million comprehensive fundraising campaign. Raised over $8,059,906 or 26.9% of the campaign goal in the first two years of IGNITE. Served on the President's Cabinet - the senior leadership team for the College. Managed a team of 11 advancement staff including four individual major gift officer, one corporate and foundation relations officer, one director of alumni relations and special events, and five full and part time support staff. Developed a strategic plan for the Office of Advancement in the College of Science for the first time. The strategic plan included two new programs related to regional gift development and international advancement efforts. Implemented said strategic plan to lead the college on a journey of increasing private gift support by 100% in the first year; raising over $14 million during the most recent fiscal year of employment
- Conducted original research on the impact of scholarship support and academic leadership involvement in advancement activity.
- Managed development efforts for the University of Tennessee’s College of Communication & Information with a prospect list of over 175. Cultivated both graduates and non-graduates of the college to educate them about the programs and services of greatest need to better serve the college’s students and faculty. Stewarded donors to provide them with a positive gifting experience
- Served as one of eleven lead development officers in the unique academic units that compose the University of Tennessee, Knoxville; all of whom led their own staff towards the $1 billion Campaign for Tennessee goal. Successfully completed the Campaign for Tennessee at 111% of goal for the college, raising of $5.6 million. Built the Young Alumni Program at the university to include personal and professional development as well as social opportunities and a tour program from the ground up
- Developed and established the Tennessee Apprentice Program as a mentoring opportunity for alumni and a shadowing opportunity for students in their respective fields of interest. Coordinated and implemented the Official Ring Program as one of the newest traditions at UT in partnership with the UT Book & Supply Store
- Instructed students in New York University’s School of Professional Studies on all topics related to Advancement. The complete advancement model of alumni relations, development, marketing and communications, as well as advancement services are all general subject areas for each topic of discussion. Served on the School of Professional Studies Dean’s Adjunct Advisory Committee. Created new courses in Fundraising Sustainability and the Cycle of Donor Development.
- Originated new courses in the School of Business and Nonprofit Management at North Park University in Chicago, IL
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee Bachelor of Arts in Communications, 2005 Master of Public Administration, 2010
HIGHER EDUCATION TEXTBOOK PUBLISHING:
Approaches in Higher Education Development
- Presentation at the Nonprofit Academic Center 2015 Conference held in Chicago, IL, July 2015.
- Focused on advancement and fundraising to include a review of specific statistics in this area.
- Approached the topic under the assumption that modern tactics and strategies do impact a comprehensive fundraising campaign.
- Lead Co-Author, Published textbook, Facilitating Higher Education Growth through Fundraising and Philanthropy.